Thursday 15 December 2016

Advent Blog 13 December: Dan Ellingworth

still running behind...but like any dedicated person I will not leave the job unfinished!

Dan is the originator of the Glossop Parkrun. That is all I really need to write here. What he started will benefit so many people in my town, and for that we should all be thankful. He pulled together a group of people, he sought startup funding, and most Saturdays he can be seen wearing a fetching high visibility jacket, cracking jokes and directing the run in Manor Park in Glossop. He is a fabulously down to earth chap, a dedicated runner, and bringer together of people. I, like many, want to help out at parkrun not only because I know how much it means to the people taking part, but because I want to support Dan. Thanks Dan, and keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment