Sunday 25 December 2016

Advent Blog December 21st: Viv Slack

Viv has the dubious honour of being the first Twitter person I met in real life. I marched up to her at a race and said "hello you're Viv ". Thankfully,  she was.
I admired her clear sense of adventure,  and her running prowess (very very close to a 3 hour marathon!)  and her commitment to her running goals.
Since them she's gone from strength to strength,  working to help people in need using her many skills. She started a group which was called 'get out and give' where people could take part in outdoors fun and donate to charity. This group has now become "freedom runners". I've joined with them for a few adventures, my absolute favourite being the 3 day run along the West Highland Way last autumn.  she has recently been working hard on a project to help Manchesters homeless.
I think I've written about her before, she's a solemn and thoughtful presence melded into a fun loving,  energetic and strong person. She's made the decision to work mainly on things which really mean something to her, which is very brave,  and very laudable.  The world needs more like her.



1 comment: