Friday 23 December 2016

Advent Blog 20 December: Sam Yates

I met Sam on the first day of my job at British Council.  I was employed to cover his leave as he went away to Africa.  He went there to spend time working on a project for a charity he had founded with a friend.  That charity is called LivLife.

Since getting to know Sam better, I have been impressed with what he has put into motion with LivLife,  and by the fact that he has managed to do this alongside having a career,  and lately being a father.  He's also completed some pretty gruelling fundraising challenges for LivLife.  He walks it like he talks it, he's been through plenty of ups and downs for his cause,  but he can be satisfied in knowing that what he has created is really changing people's lives for the better.

Footnote: how about this for "small world"after working together for some time, Sam and I discovered that we had a mutual friend. My brother's best school friend met Sam at Uni and is still great mates with him. 

2 comments:

  1. You're right; Sam's an extraordinary young man and I'm honoured to have known him, for a little while at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete