Saturday 17 December 2016

Advent Blog catchups

In an effort to regain, I'll be super brief for a few days worth of inspirational people:

14th December: J.R.R. Tolkein, or the works of. These inspired my imagination particularly where it came to being outdoors in the landscapes of the UK as a kid. I was taken on walks by my parents and used to imagine (or maybe was encouraged to imagine) that I was a brave hobbit when things got damp/hilly/grim.

15th December : Sarah Chambers, my first boss at the British Council. She led by example by the way she worked flexibly around the demands of her family, and enabled others to do the same in our team. I learned from her that having responsibilities outside of work needn't hinder being a respected and effective colleague.

16th December: Laura Mitchell, one of my oldest schoolfriends. She never ceases to amaze me with her positive outlook and sense of humour, despite life throwing some rubbish circumstances at her. I wish I had more time to write about her but hopefully, as she's also a mum, she'll cut me some slack.

17th December: Martina Navratilova : Female sporting star, tough as anything, enough said.  

3 comments: